Source: Mcdonald’s Press Release Dated 4/30/2018.
Opening to the public Wednesday, April 25th, the restaurant will also feature modern designs, kiosk ordering and table service
CHICAGO, IL – From Canada’s Mighty Angus Burger to the Cheese & Bacon Loaded Fries from Australia, McDonald’s announces today it’s serving up menu favorites from around the world in a one-of-a-kind global inspired restaurant on the ground floor of its new corporate headquarters opening later this spring in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood.
Set to open to the public Wednesday, the restaurant will feature a rotating menu of McDonald’s favorites from around the globe as well as classic menu items customers love including the Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Chicken McNuggets and Our World Famous Fries. In addition, a Latin American – style dessert center will offer delicious desserts from that region as well as other parts of the globe. An Australian McCafé area will serve up expertly brewed coffee crafted by McDonald’s trained baristas.
“As part of our new headquarters, we wanted to provide our customers with an exciting way to experience our global menu right here in Chicago,” said Steve Easterbrook, McDonald’s President and CEO. “We are delighted to showcase a taste of McDonald’s from all over the world making this location a one-of-a-kind experience that Chicagoans will enjoy with friends and family.”
The restaurant’s menu will rotate regularly with new global menu items. The first menu rotation includes:
- The Mighty Angus Burger from Canada, a 1/3 lb. angus burger topped with a glazed poppy and sesame seed bun, lettuce, onion cheese and bacon and smoky angus sauce
- The McSpicy Chicken Sandwich from Hong Kong, a spicy breaded, deeply marinated chicken breast fried to crispy perfection served on a classic sesame seed bun with lettuce
- Cheese & Bacon Loaded Fries from Australia, Our World Famous Fries, served with warm melted cheese and crispy bacon bits
- The Mozza Salad from France, a balsamic dressed pasta salad with roasted tomatoes, served with mozzarella cheese, arugula leaves, choice of crispy or grilled chicken and a breadstick
- The Manhattan Salad from France, a mix of lettuces, baby kale, romaine and spring lettuce topped with grape tomatoes, dried cranberries and sliced apples, served with choice of crispy or grilled chicken and a breadstick
- The McFlurry Prestígio from Brazil, vanilla soft serve ice cream, mixed with strawberry sauce and chocolate covered coconut bites
The more than 6,000-square-foot restaurant is another of McDonald’s Experience of the Future (EOTF) restaurants and features modern global-inspired interiors, an ever-changing wall map with Golden Arches that illuminate when an item from a specific country is featured on the menu, outdoor seating for patrons to enjoy in the warmer months, enhanced customer experiences with table service, mobile order and payment and McDelivery with Uber Eats. McDonald’s EOTF restaurants are designed to dramatically transform the customer experience with more convenience, personalization and choice. McDonald’s plans to transform most all U.S. restaurants to Experience of the Future by 2020.
“This is an exciting time for McDonald’s and the city of Chicago,” said owner-operator Nick Karavites. “As a Chicago native who has grown up in the McDonald’s business, I’m proud to add the new headquarters restaurant to my organization.”
The restaurant precedes the opening of McDonald’s Headquarters later this spring at 110 N. Carpenter Street in Sterling Bay’s newly planned development. The nine-story headquarters will house McDonald’s corporate offices and Hamburger University, one of seven worldwide locations that provides state-of-the-art training for the company’s future leaders and employees.