|Murrieta Police Department Press Release Dated 2/13/2018
On 2/12/18 at approximately 6:26 p.m. the Murrieta Police Department received information from a credible law enforcement source regarding a generalized threat of violence posted to the social media site Snapchat. The threat was directed at a school. While the threat did not name any specific school, the Murrieta Police Department began actively investigating the anonymous post. With the assistance of allied agencies, the post was determined to originate from within the Vista Murrieta High School. Working with school officials, Murrieta Police School Resource Officers were able to identify the juvenile responsible for the threatening post. The 14 year old male Vista Murrieta High School student admitted to the officers that while he did generate the post, he had no intention of following through with the threat. The 14 year old male student was placed under arrest for criminal threats and booked into Juvenile Hall.
All credible threats towards our schools, students and staff are taken seriously by the police department. Generally, arrest(s) are made and criminal charges are filed when probable cause exists. The police department works closely with the school district on these investigations.
If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact School Resource Officer Rob Aberle at 951-461-6806.
Murrieta File Number: 1802M-2775
- An ‘Incredibly’ Long Wait For An ‘Incredible’ Time…
- St. Martha’s Catholic Church Keeps On Giving
- Free Doritos Locos Tacos Today From 2-6PM
- Murrieta – Homicide Leads To An Arrest
- Shut The Front Doh!
- Matthew Tucker Update: Teen Fatally Shot By Riverside County Police
- Traffic Alert MHS
- San Diegos’ Cafe Japengo Closing After 30 Years
- Movie Garlic & Gunpowder Filmed In Murrieta
- Home Of Padres Tony Gwynn To Be Auctioned After Foreclosure